14 Exercise Recaps For Reversing Type 2 Diabetes
Next to diet, exercise has been seen to be an important factor in reversing diabetes. Many more enlightened doctors encourage their patients to exercise daily.
There is no way around this!
No matter how well you eat, how many proven supplements or drugs you take, and how well you balance your endocrine hormone system, you still need to exercise to cure diabetes and similar blood sugar conditions.
Below are 14 exercise recap for reversing type 2 diabetes.
1. Make a list of fun activities. You have lots of options, and you don’t have to go to a gym. What sounds good? Think about something you’ve always wanted to try or something you enjoyed in the past. Sports, dancing, yoga, walking, and swimming are a few ideas. Anything that raises your heart rate counts.
2. Get your doctor’s OK. Let them know what you want to do. They can make sure you’re ready for it. They’ll also check to see if you need to change your meals, insulin, or diabetes medicines. Your doctor can also let you know if the time of day you exercise matters.
3. Check your blood sugar. Ask your doctor if you should check it before exercise. If you plan to work out for more than an hour, check your blood sugar levels regularly during your workout, so you’ll know if you need a snack. Check your blood sugar after every workout, so that you can adjust if needed.
4. Carry carbs. Always keep a small carbohydrate snack, like fruit or a fruit drink, on hand in case your blood sugar gets low.
5. Ease into it. If you’re not active now, start with 10 minutes of exercise at a time. Gradually work up to 30 minutes a day.
6. Strength train at least twice a week. It can improve blood sugar control. You can lift weights or work with resistance bands. Or you can do moves like push-ups, lunges, and squats, which use your own body weight.
7. Make it a habit. Exercise, eat, and take your supplements at the same time each day to prevent low blood sugar, also called hypoglycemia.
8. Go public. Work out with someone who knows you have diabetes and knows what to do if your blood sugar gets too low. It’s more fun, too. Also wear a medical identification tag, or carry a card that says you have diabetes, just in case.
9. Be good to your feet. Wear athletic shoes that are in good shape and are the right type for your activity. For instance, don’t jog in tennis shoes, because your foot needs a different type of support when you run. Check and clean your feet daily. Let your doctor know if you notice any new foot problems.
10. Hydrate. Drink water before, during, and after exercise.
11. Stop if something suddenly hurts. If your muscles are mildly sore, that’s normal. Sudden pain isn’t. You’re not likely to get injured unless you do too much, too soon.
12. Reward yourself. Rather than focusing on the bad things that could happen if you don’t exercise, reward yourself for reaching your goals. You might say “OK, if I exercise 10 minutes, three times a week for the next three weeks, I’ll call my sister-in-law who lives in Abuja,” says Clara. Don’t hold out for weight loss as an emotional “reward.” Focus on other benefits, such as having more energy or enjoying the outdoors when you walk.
13. Write it all down. Write down your goals, be specific, and keep a record every time you do exercise, says Tom. Record on your calendar every day whether you exercised for 10 or 15 minutes or more.
14. Get an exercise “prescription”. In this case, a fitness or exercise physiologist can measure how physically fit you are and prescribe a specific intensity of exercise and how to progress to the next level. “It’s based on that individual’s fitness stake,” says Conn. “For a person that is very unfit, and has not been exercising, the exercise prescription will be at a low moderate intensity and then move to a slightly higher intensity and longer duration.”
This information is an excerpt from the Diabetes Wellness Program:
Introduction to Reverse Diabetes Naturally – Natural Therapy To Reverse Diabetes In 30 Days!
Has the “Cure” for Diabetes Been Kept from You?
Here’s the Truth About Reversing Your Diabetes Naturally Without Drug Or Insulin Injection!
A completely new and readily available solution may now be found!
With it you no longer have to worry about all the horrors formerly associated with this dreadful and merciless disease!
Just go now to the Diabetes Wellness Program page.